How to Shop and Not Drop?

These girls know how to shop smart!



Masses of people are moving along in slow motion on shopping streets, in the corridors of department stores, and all over cities that are lined with shop after shop. Others, who want to avoid all the exhausting walking, do their shopping on-line. We are all shopping and shopping!

Christmas is now getting closer, so even more people are going to be shopping. We are in the busiest time for shopping at the moment. So much money is changing hands. Everyone wants to make good purchases but so many don´t know how to distinguish the difference when making choices. 

Let´s focus on buying clothes, make-up, accessories and everything with color. 

It is great to go shopping with a friend. If that friend had a bit of training on how to choose colors, it would be even better, don´t you think. So often I hear friends talking at the stores when they are trying to pick out certain pieces of an outfit. The question I hear the most, is: does this look good on me? The friend then gives her own opinion, which at most times, has nothing to do with how that particular piece of clothing looks on you. It is not her fault. She might have different personal coloring than you do, so therefore, she is attracted to a complete different set of colors.

This happens because people are often attracted to the colors that emphasize their colors. It is a built in trait, but depending on how much she has been exposed to other people´s opinions and the fashion scene, her antennae might not be adjusted correctly as far as colors go and how they look on you.

As a result, you will be doing a lot of mileage on the shop corridors for nothing! You really would rather be sitting in a cafĂ© having a cup of coffee or tea and taking it easy, I´m sure. 

The good news is that there is a better way and it is available for you right now! You can easily learn which colors would be your own best buy. Which colors enhance your own personal colors? Which colors should you mix and match with your existing wardrobe? What would you need to get and keep to your budget or, ever better, go under your budget but have the best possible set of clothes for every occasion, all year round.

Ever since I was young, I remember, that my mum was telling me that I need to get browns, oranges and everything that go with those colors, when shopping for my clothes. This was because I have dark brown eyes, like mum did. Little did we know, that the color of our eyes were so much deeper in color than most of the people in my country at the time, so this “rule of thumb” did not work for either one of us. Because of this belief we wore colors that did not enhance our own coloring. 

I always felt that I sort of faded into the background but didn´t really know why. It was quite frustrating at times. It was only when I went to color training in London for the first time 30 years ago and found out which colors enhance my own personal coloring. It really changed my whole life for the better. Therefore, I feel that I need to tell people to find out more about how they can benefit by just knowing which colors are their best ones. There can be such a difference!

The thing about all the colors is that everyone can wear reds, but not all reds. Everyone can wear blues, but not all blues. Everyone can wear greens, but not all greens, and so on. You will be able to wear all colors when you find out your dominant color characteristic and start examining your own coloring from that angle. There is more, of course, but when you discover your dominant color characteristic, you will be able to eliminate most of the alternatives that you will not need to even look at. It is the very first step towards a more beautiful YOU!

In a nutshell, the six possibilities to choose from when you are starting out are: LIGHT, DEEP, CLEAR, SOFT, WARM and COOL. If you have always wondered, why some people look more beautiful in the choices they make, than others, then this is something you should take a look at. You too, can look radiant and stunning, when wearing colors that love you back. It really is so simple.
You can find out more by going to my pages, where I share lots more information and have written a 24-page Guide for you on how you can shop with confidence and get it right, when choosing items for yourself.

Let me know if you need more advice. I will be happy to cover all kinds of topics on my blog and Facebook pages. I am on a mission to make the world more beautiful!

Comments